According to a prominent UAE real estate industry expert, sustainable design will direct real estate growth in the future since incorporating innovative design and renewable energy elements can assist property developers all over the world save a significant amount of money.
The developer stated that the organization reaches every project with the goal of “sustainability balanced between environmental considerations and comfortable living,” noting that ideas like sustainability and ecological business have been prominent in consultations about the future for quite some time.
To improve building performance, the sustainable design aims to lessen adverse effects on the environment and the health and comfort of building residents.
Sustainable design guidelines call for being able to:
- Site potential should be maximized,
- non-renewable energy usage should be reduced,
- environmentally friendly items should be used,
- water should be protected and conserved,
- interior air quality should be improved,
- maintenance procedures should be optimized.
By implementing a sustainable design philosophy, decisions are encouraged at every stage of the design process that will lessen their adverse effects on the environment and the health of the inhabitants without sacrificing the project’s financial viability. It is a comprehensive, integrated strategy that promotes negotiation and trade-offs. All stages of a building’s life cycle, including design, construction, operation, and decommissioning, are positively impacted by such an integrated strategy.
How do UAE builders prioritize creating sustainable building structures?
As part of its initiatives to promote sustainability and lessen its carbon footprint, the UAE has recently concentrated on sustainable construction designs. These are some ways that UAE contractors are emphasizing environmentally friendly building plans:
- Green Building certification: Builders in the UAE increasingly aim for green building certifications like Estidama Pearl Rating System and Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED). These certifications encourage builders to use energy-efficient technologies and materials in their constructions and promote sustainable design principles.
- Renewable energy: Renewable energy sources like solar panels and wind turbines are being incorporated into building designs in the UAE. This lessens the need for fossil fuels and lowers the structures’ carbon impact.
- Energy efficient system: In their structures, UAE builders are implementing energy-saving technologies, including high-performance insulation, efficient HVAC systems, and LED lighting. These solutions lower running expenses and energy usage.
- Sustainable material: In their building designs, architects and contractors in the UAE are integrating more environmentally friendly materials, including bamboo, repurposed steel, and salvaged wood. These materials are frequently more durable than conventional materials and have a more negligible negative impact on the environment.
Sustainable Buildings in UAE
- The sustainable city
- Al Bahr Towers
- Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center
- The Dubai Frames
- Masdar City
As a result of the worsening effects of climate change, sustainability is becoming increasingly important. Cleaner and greener spaces are in more demand, promoting sustainable expansion. Eco-friendly building principles can be implemented in a variety of ways. Building sustainably benefits people as well as the environment. This kind of building offers many advantages. The transition to this construction is complex. Thus sustainable building faces several difficulties. Going with greener structures requires both money and work.